Join us on Monday, August 22 for another Beer & Transit after the MBTA Rider Oversight Committee meeting. This month, we’ll hear from Jennifer Rowe of CTPS/Boston Region Metropolitan Planning Organization at the general meeting, followed by discussion, networking, and drinks.
The Rider Oversight Committee seeks to bridge the gap between the MBTA and the Public, addressing issues that come to its attention through a variety of means and providing recommendations to the MBTA that communicate the needs and concerns of all riders. The group’s general meetings are open to the public and occur monthly in the Massachusetts State Transportation Building.
JENNIFER ROWE, PUBLIC ENGAGEMENT MANAGER, CTPS/BOSTON REGION METROPOLITAN PLANNING ORGANIZATION
As a public participation specialist, Jennifer engages people, organizations, and communities in the work of the Boston Region MPO. She is responsible for facilitating an informed and equitable decision-making process for the allocation of federal funding to improve transportation in the region. She also is tasked with implementing the MPO’s Public Participation Plan. Jennifer has a Master’s degree in City and Regional Planning from Cornell University and a B.A. from Williams College.
At the ROC meeting, she'll be talking about:
- The UPWP, TIP, and LRTP & the MPO’s process for creating these documents
- How people can have meaningful input in the MPO’s processes
- How CTPS’s work fits into other transportation planning processes in the region
- 5:00 - 5:15 PM – Call MBTA ROC Meeting to Order / Public Comments
- 5:15 - 6:00 PM – Jennifer Rowe (guest speaker)
- 6:00 - 7:00 PM – Rider Oversight Committee Reports
- 7:00 - 8:30 PM – Move to Rock Bottom Brewery for Discussion and Social/Networking
SPEAKER AND MEETING
Massachusetts State Transportation Building
10 Park Plaza
Conference Rooms 1, 2, and 3
(Green Line to Boylston Street; Orange Line to Tufts MC; or multiple buses).
Can't attend in person? Watch live on YouTube.
DRINKS AND NETWORKING
Rock Bottom Brewery
115 Stuart St, Boston, MA